Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Timing

Pound the pavement!! I thoroughly enjoy a statement like this. Especially when you go out and have a run that you feel as if your mind wanted you to. This is when the feelings you have inside you propel you to run faster, harder, stronger. You don't care if your breathing doesn't match your stride, you don't stop when your muscles tell you to. You just GO!

My run this morning turned out to be like this. It began with my not setting my alarm, but receiving a heavenly voice telling me to get up. I look at the clock and realize that it was past the time I was to meet my run group. I get dressed, grab what I need and hit the door.

As I began my run I felt my hip more than I should. Crap, I thought. This is not going to be a fun run. I checked my posture and continued. By the time I reached the first major intersection I noticed I reached it faster than normal. It felt good. I kept going then beep beep....man did I reach a mile already. Nope! Battery LOW! Booo to me for not charging Ata. I sure hope she held up until I was done. For a double check I started my run app on my phone.

In my keeping it going spirit I continued to run. Mile one passed quickly. Midway through mile one the thoughts started. When I say they started it was like a floodgate of my weekly thoughts came up, mostly in the form of life. When this happens I know I tend to do a couple of things 1.) slow down and/or 2.) let them get the best of me and I eventually stop. Not today. I wanted to keep going and push past the distractions.

I prayed and I asked God for help. I prayed that the negativity that was creeping in would leave. I prayed for continued strength to get through my run successfully. I was able to muster the strength with opening my mind and letting those inner thoughts come and go by giving them to God. I heard him tell me it will be ok, you are capable of this. Let Go of those things and people that hurt you. You do deserve better. This pushed me. Faster. Mile 2 came and went. I was near the home stretch. I didn't want to stop, but its always good when you are approaching a busy intersection. No use being a human pancake. Besides the break allowed for my legs to recover slight from the much faster pace.

Once I passed the intersection I picked it back up, but my calves were telling me they weren't ready yet so I walked some more. Only a quarter mile to finish my 5K I said this is it, be strong and remember its not how you started by how you finish. With that I mind I boogied my way home. That last push had me running way faster than I intended but this is where I felt all those emotions and thoughts fall to the ground. It was like they were dropping off of me and making me lighter so to speak.

When I hit my apartment complex I felt relieved, refreshed, and renewed.

KPos: Fought off the thought monster and pushed through for a quick run.

CDS: Ali In the Jungle by The Hours



No comments:

Post a Comment