Thursday, May 14, 2009

British Airways, sweet!

 I have not flown many different airlines before. I have flown the usual, United, American, blah blah blah. When I saw that we were flying British Airways I was excite to find out what the difference would like to fly with them. Would I have a nightmare of a flight or would it be a memorable affair? 

As we begin to line up like cattle to board our flight I notice that some people are being told to see the ticket counter before they can board. I chuckled at these people with their problems for I knew that this would not happen to me. I am the prepared and ready for anything conscious traveller. I had my ticket to the attendant with all the confidence in the world.  She runs it through and guess what. The damn light goes off and yes, yours truly needed to go to the ticket counter. I then proceed to the counter to find that I was going to be upgraded to a better seat. SWEET!! I am liking my luck so far. 

 I make it to my upgraded seat and see that I am now in the World Traveller Plus section and I have a comfy aisle seat. I will admit as I was going to my seat I noticed the swanky business section and I was just hoping the lady luck would strike again and that would be where my seat was. No such luck. At least where I was sitting I had a nice little BA package that they give to everyone. It included an eye cover, ear plugs and other goodies. Sweet I could drown out the snoring guy behind me and block the light from the damn lady who would not cut off her light to sleep. For real, a night light on a plane full of people. lol 

 I sat in my new seat thinking what movies am I going to see. I notice there is a plethora to choose from. This makes me happy since the last time I flew and there was a movie involved you so don't want to know what the movie was (Hint: Think Richard Gere and Julia Roberts). I snuggle in to watch Layer Cake only to find out that, that was on the return flight. Darn it I settle for this weird flick with Mickey Rourke (It wasn't the Wrestler either). Needless to say as I dozed in and out of sleep it wasn't all that great. When I woke up we were heading into London Heathrow
 
  

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the upgrade! Always nice to have some of that good karma come back to you :)

    I wasn't so lucky, but I did have a wonderful flight on KLM Airlines. We had two great meals, drinks, good music & movies and it was very roomy (even in coach). I'm not sure if I can ever fly Delta Airlines again--okay I'll admit, I was biased before this trip :)

    I'm ready for the next update KA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, Again congrats on the up grade. By the way what was wrong with Pretty Woman. It is as classic. lol I am glad that overall the trip was enjoyable. I am sure the entire trip will be unbelievable. Eager to read more. Miss you much. Mommie Buns

    ReplyDelete