Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Ready Set Go!!

 So here we I am getting anxious like a kid on Christmas Day!! I could hardly sleep last night. I am ready to get to O'Hare and fly away.  

 I am a bit sad today. My mom is going to work and my brother is going to school. They will not be able to see me off today. My dad and my uncle are going to take me to the airport. For my dad this means that he will drop me off and keep on rolling. Mom on the other hand would at least wait with me before I left. No worries though I don't want to feel sad before I leave so I am fine with this. I just wish I had communication with them before I leave. I shut off my phone since I will not be able to use it while I am overseas. I sure wish I could text before I go though. And they say that texting is not an addiction. Like hell it ain't. lol

 Its about that time for us to leave for the airport. My dad's truck is loaded and we are ready to go. I wish the rain would stop before we leave. Oh well! Glad to be going somewhere it won't be raining as much. Oh wait I will be in London before I get to South Africa. Might just need that umbrella after all. 

 As we approach the International Terminal I begin to think that I am going to miss everyone. Maybe I should just stay and go on a trip some other day. I mean after all I can get some work done here over the summer. I could catch up on my ever growing reading list, or I could "Woman Up" and get ready for a summer of excitement! Let's say I rather "Woman Up!" Dive in and roll tide roll!!

 After saying my goodbyes I hugged my dad and my uncle and said an almost tearful see ya when I get back speech. Yes I am going to say this, I did tear up for a moment there. In the midst of our goodbyes I see another classmate saying goodbye to his parents.  Willie and I then head in to meet our professor and to the British Airway counter to check in. Once checked in the waiting begins.  

  Ahh the waiting. The joys of waiting anxiously for your flight.  At least I can prepare myself mentally for the long flight ahead.  I begin to wonder what the food on board will be like, will there be an interesting movie choice, will I get stuck in the middle of some bizarre people, hmm? 

No comments:

Post a Comment